10. I had to eat a crawfish po-boy w/ a side of etouffe at the Boudin Shop near Breaux Bridge, LA yesterday instead of IV drips & ice chips in the MDA hospital.
9. We had to (of course, the un-sarcastic way to say this is "we GOT to...") hang out w/ our friend Diane, eating a breakfast of muffins & omelets rather than enjoying anesthesia & IVs (Mike) & munchies from the "Jolly Trolley" in the surgery waiting room (Lisa)
8. We had to sleep until 7 a.m. instead of 4:30 a.m.
7. We had to come on home yesterday, rather than coming this weekend (or later). Relatedly,...
6. Lisa had help driving, & we didn't have to stop every hour for me to walk around.
5. I didn’t get a new teddie bear
(MDA's Thoracic Dept. gives a teddie bear to all lung surgery patients to hold against the surgery site for support when coughing...This was discussed here last summer)
4. I didn’t get a new incentive spirometer breathing exercise machine
3. I didn’t get a new pair of those uber-sexy white anti-clotting knee socks
2. It looks like I may have to be content with only 10 separate surgical scars related to melanoma & metastatic melanoma.
1. The sounds of a renovated tenor saxophone being played badly will commence @ 55 Clipper Road in the very near future, rather than later in the summer.
This is not a positive development for Lisa, James, & Anne…
(Quite obviously, we are THRILLED with these things that are/were different! Thanks so very much for your prayers & encouragement! Here's to many more visits to MDA for scans that end with "nothing to see here...go home & enjoy your summer/fall/winter/spring"...)
"So, even to old age and gray hairs, O God, do not forsake me, until I proclaim your might to another generation, your power to all those to come..."