Saturday, January 26, 2008

total depravity of man

Should anyone doubt this particular doctrine of the reformers, then s/he should hang around pretty much any kids sports situation for, oh, 20 minutes or so. Doubt should be removed. Decisively.

(did I mention that I reffed kids hoops this morning? *sighs*)

Note: or, you could hang around with me for that same 20 minutes. Or find a way to capture my thoughts, Spock-like, for,...2 minutes. Again, doubt would be removed, at least about the total depravity of Mike anyway.

Total depravity underscores our need for grace. Our "total need" if you will.

Grace is good. I need it. I crave it. I can't survive in this life without it, and certainly not in the next!! I rest in it, and revel in it.

I'm just glad it's offered, and available in unlimited supply.

Selah.

No comments: