Thursday, December 31, 2009

Some Goals for 2010...

(note: these are not in order of significance...they're pretty much in the order that my random mind captured them here)

--"Deliver the Baby" (in the great and painfully funny words of my family practice Dr. & friend Brett Robbins referring to the fact that I'm several inches too short for my weight...) It appears to be twins...*sigh*

--complete a 5k running (well, "running" needs to be defined very broadly there...and perhaps it'll even be a 10k...)

--read through the Bible using the chronological approach this time. (found >>here<<)

--eliminate a considerable portion of the crapola, er, stuff that's cluttering up my offices & my house

--re-institute a regular fast 1 day a week

--ramp up my reading program. I've started on 3 fascinating & substantial books, that will require concentrated reading time; all 3 authors use all of those big words & big ideas...*smile*

--ramp up my prayer life. It's there, but is not where it should be.

--re-discover the game of golf and try to get my score down to just two digits (of course, the (a) funding, and (b) time for this could be a challenge...but I'm gonna try)

--fish more (yet another sport that--like golf--I enjoy immensely and am not very good at...)

--have a "deck-raising," analogous to the old-school "barn-raising" (memo to all H'burg friends who have any building game...stay tuned! Remember, I have zero game in the area of building, except for driving nails as directed...)

--pass CFA level II exam in June (see "time to play golf hard to come by")

--go to Poland to speak at the Christian Professor Conference in August (I've been invited to do so, and am VERY excited about it!)

--significantly ramp up my teaching abilities in terms of Econ & Finance courses @ WCU; stop "doing the same things the same ol' way" while not tossing out the proverbial baby w/ the bath water...

--ditto, in terms of my Sunday School class @ TBC

--work harder at being an encourager to friends in ministry, whether it's their vocation or not

--make the latter half of year 25/first half of year 26 the best years of marriage yet; this will require considerble effort, as these last 25 have been great! But I still have a long way to go in terms of "love your wife as Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her" (Ephesians 5)...

--work hard at being a better, more loving, more encouraging Daddy. I'm still trying to figure out how this works when one's 4.5 hours away & the other 3.5 hours away...

Look carefully then how you walk, not as unwise but as wise, making the best use of the time, because the days are evil. Therefore do not be foolish, but understand what the will of the Lord is.
Ephesians 5:15-17

Thanks for your prayers & friendship & encouragement! You are cherished greatly here @ Casa beach bum.

Happy New Year!!
bb

No comments: