Monday, January 05, 2009

My 2 theme verses for the year

Happy New Year, all! Here's my own 2 verses that I'm praying for myself this year. Won't you join me?

And the Lord came and stood, calling as at other times, “Samuel! Samuel!” And Samuel said, “Speak, for your servant hears.”
I Samuel 3:10

Pray for ears to hear. The context for this passage is that Samuel had heard the Lord calling multiple times before, and had mistaken the voice for someone else. It's my prayer this year that I--and others!--will clearly recognize when the Lord is speaking to us.


For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand, that we should walk in them.
Ephesians 2:10

An incredible verse found in an incredible passage. (your blog homework: read Ephesians 2:1-10) Just ponder with me: we are crafted by God to be who we are. Amazing! But there's more; He's not finished with the shaping & molding yet...we are still works in progress. My pastor speaks of an "already/not yet" component to the kingdom of God. I think the concept applies here too. We're already shaped & created, but we're not completed works yet. And then the deal about God preparing works for us to do...VERY freeing, isn't it? To realize that God Himself has already prepared works for me to do...Now that, amigos, gives great confidence!

So there are my 2 life passages for this year. Just so you know...

Selah,
bb

p.s. - I'd write more, but I'm off to eat a bagel w/ Lisa at the downtown old-school bagel shop...*smile*

2 comments:

Mustard Seeds said...

AMEN and AMEN!!!!

Stephanie said...

Love it. Thanks for sharing.