Saturday, August 15, 2009

The Watercolor Ponies Have Ridden Away...

"There are watercolor ponies on my refrigerator door
and the shape of something I don't really recognize
drawn by careful little fingers and put proudly on display
A reminder to us all of how time flies..."

So, as of today, my house is officially the place my kids come to visit. (And I have no words to tell you how very bizarre that sounds to me...)

It's no longer where they live. It's where they used to live.

"Seems an endless mound of laundry
And a stairway laced with toys
Gives a blow by blow reminder of the war
That we fight for their well-being...for their greater understanding
To impart a holy reverence for the Lord"

The nest is empty. We have liftoff.

Luckily, (a) there are many memories echoing around here...(b) I'm delighted about where my kids are...(c) wherever I am, they will always be welcome. And treasured...(d) they will have several more long stays here in the next couple of years.

"But, baby, what will we do when it comes back to me and you?
They look a little less like little boys every day...

Also, VERY fortunately, I'm married to my best friend. We were such for 3 years before we married & then for 4 before James arrived. I look forward to many years of hanging w/ mrs. bb. We still enjoy each other's company.

"And the vision can get so narrow
as you view through your tiny world
And little victories can go by with no applause
But in the greater evaluation as they fly from your nest of love
May they mount up with wings as eagles for His cause"

This is a seriously strange day @ casa beach bum. A *major* life era ends & another begins.

"Oh, the pleasure of watching the children growing
Is mixed with a bitter cup of knowing
The watercolor ponies will one day ride away"

And there they go...And there goes a very large piece of my heart with them...
bb

p.s. - your prayers are MOST welcome for James & Anne. Thanks in advance!

p.p.s. - your prayers are also MOST welcome for James & Anne's parents. Thanks again!

p.p.p.s. - the lyrics (in bold) are from "Watercolor Ponies"a *superb* song by Wayne Watson

No comments: