Wednesday, October 31, 2007

It's basketball season

This one will be...challenging.

My good friend Mark Bryan is no longer with us.

I'm already not looking forward to my thoughts the first time I step into Rees Gym for a PCS game. Oh, don't get me wrong; I love the game and the guys still there. But there will be a gigantic, gaping void for me. Plus, it was in that gym that Mark drew his last breath. But I won't go there again. I've written about that elsewhere.

My prediction is that the wound will never fully heal for me. But like many wounds, it will become increasingly more manageable. And I join my buddy Norman Rowe in believing that seeing the gym packed for a game will be most helpful in the healing journey.

Of course, the other change--much less significant than Mark's passing--about hoops season this year is that I'm no longer on the faculty of PCS. So, I'll be going as a sort of outsider, for the first time. Which will be tough for me.

As Mark's successor, my buddy Matthew Lofton, says, "Let's do this!"

I can't wait.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am taking the liberty of asking if we can put our website link on your blog? we will appreciate if you

have interest in it.

here is our website : http://www.dvdsetshop.com

will appreciate about this. thx.have a nice day!

-----------------------------------------
Gilmore Girls Seasons 1-7 DVD Boxset at $ 56.99,
Charmed season 1-8 DVD Boxset at $ 65.99.
Smallville Seasons 1-7 DVD Boxset at $ 57.99,
Star Trek Voyager Seasons 1-7 DVD Boxset at $ 63.99,
The West Wing Seasons 1-7 DVD Boxset at $ 56.99
And many more stuff on sale! What are you waiting for?
Check this out: www.dvdsetshop.com